What are PCA Services?

Personal Care Assistant (PCA) services are those provided to render assistance and or support to people with disabilities or seniors who need assistance with Activities of Daily Living.  These services are provided to the individual in their place of residence and the goal is to either rehabilitate them to become more independent or live comfortably where ever they live. PCA provides hands on assistance with ADLs e.g. Bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, toileting, transfer, repositioning etc.

What is Home Making services?

Home making services are general household activities provided by a trained home maker to a client when the client is unable to keep a clean and safe environment on their own. Home maker services includes but are not limited to;

  • Routine household care e.g. vacuuming, dusting and or taking out garbage
  • Cleaning of the kitchen, bathroom, bed room and living area
  • Laundry -changing beddings, washing, ironing folding arranging closet
  • Arranging the kitchen, home, pantry, refrigerator
  • Light meal preparation, set-up, feeding 
  • Shopping for groceries and other items as needed

Amazing homecare provides home maker services through the elderly waiver program.  If you think you need or qualify for home making contact your county of residence for an assessment.

How do know if I qualify for PCA /homecare/home making services?

If you need assistance and think you need a PCA, contact your county Public Health Nurse (PHN) for an assessment request.  Eligibility for PCA is determined based on what you report and demonstrate during the PNH assessment. 

Call Amazing at 952-884-1800 with any questions.

How do I get started with Amazing homecare?

Once eligibility has been determined by the PHN, you will be asked to choose an agency like AMAZING HOMECARE to provide you with PCA services. If you chose us, then a PRIOR AUTHORIZATION/AGREEMENT will be sent to us by the state to take care of you including start and end date of care. Once we receive this agreement a Registered nurse (QP) Qualified Professional will contact you to schedule in-home assessment and admission to our agency including signing all the paper work necessary.  You can have a PCA to work with you the same day the QP comes to do you admission.

PCA will only start working after QP has done your admission to the agency.
All employees must pass a Background check; all are bonded, insured and supervised. 

What areas of MN do you provide services?

We provide services to ST PAUL and Minneapolis including counties but not limited to Ramsey, Washington, Anoka, Carver, Hennepin, Dakota, Scott other neighboring counties.                                                                                                                                                                                                 Call us at 952-884-1800 with any questions OR CLICK here to send us an email.  We look forward to providing you with the most amazing and exceptional care.